Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Linguini with Turkey in White Wine

I like recipes to be simple, tasty and fast.  I'm cooking to keep left overs, so usally in batches large enough to feed a small horde or at least four as a main dish.  This one gives me a great bang for my buck because it's super fast and not labour intensive. 


1 pound linguine (I prefer black, but it’s not nesc.  at all)

1 tsp olive oil

¼ cup white wine ( I use Sutter Home Suavignon Blanc, as this is about all it's good for)

1 pound ground turkey

1 sm sweet onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp red pepper flakes

Cracked black pepper

1 tbs cappers

Boil linguine in well salted water until just shy of al dente, drain, reserving about a ½ cup of the pasta water.  Heat oil in a large sauté pan.  Caramelize the onion and garlic.  Add turkey and peppers and sauté until brown and fragrant.  Add capers, wine and pasta, stirring well.  If pasta absorbs too much of the wine too quickly, add reserved pasta water until a light sauce remains and noodles are al dente, 3-4 min.  Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment